Vanna Born Early Childhood Development Award: Higher Education
The purpose of this award is to recognize and support Las Positas College students pursuing a career in Early Care & Education (from infant-toddler through 3rd grade.). To be eligible for this Higher Education Award, the student must have:
1. Financial Need Based
2. Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
3. A student currently enrolled at LPC with plans to continue in the Fall or transfer.
4. Be pursuing an Early Childhood Development, or Education BA/BS Degree.
5. Has completed 13 units in core ECE classes: ECE 50, ECE 56, ECE 62, ECE 63
6. Have completed ECE 90 – Practicum – Supervised Experience (4 units).
7. Have completed one general education class relevant to degree.
8. Have completed one ECE elective class (ECE 40, ECE 42, ECE 60, ECE 67, ECE 74 or ECE 87)
9. Be eligible to apply for an Associate Teacher Permit (or higher).
10. Currently working at the LPC Child Development Center or any licensed early childhood facility for a minimum of 6 months